Free Staying Safe Online Awareness Sessions by Get Safe Online – Are you concerned about your or anyone you work with online safety?
Our partners Get Safe Online are offering FREE webinars on how to stay safe online on:
Thursday 19th November 2020 at 10:30am to 12noon (part of Safeguarding Week) – to register your place on the session please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/get-safe-online-back-to-basics-staying-safe-online-training-tickets-127436799899
NEW DATE ADDED: Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 1:30pm to 2:30pm – to register your place on the session please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/get-safe-online-back-to-basics-staying-safe-online-training-tickets-127434306441
It does not matter if you are a wiz or a complete novice online, the session will provide invaluable back to basic tips and advice on how to safe online and an awareness of some of the threats and scams happening.
The webinar will cover the following:
- 5 key routes into your home
- Online threats – what the threats and scams are and how you can reduce the risk of becoming a target
- The Basics – Lets keep it simple and easy to understand
- Keeping your identity safe – what do you put online and how this could put you at risk
- Christmas shopping – ‘Be safe not sorry’
- Help & Advice – where and how you can access further help and support for residents at risk.
The free webinars are aimed at frontline workers, voluntary, community, faith groups, charities, social enterprises and volunteers who maybe working with Cheshire East residents in the community at risk of online scams and cybercrime. Please share with any other groups and volunteers you are working with.
For more information and activities taking place as part of National Safeguarding Week on 16th to 22nd November 2020 please visit: http://www.stopadultabuse.org.uk/NSA2020
To find out more information about ‘Get Safe Online’ and their resources to support you and anyone you are working with around cyber security please visit: https://www.getsafeonline.org/