Cheshire East Carers’ Hub is inviting applications for grants of up to £8,000 from community groups and organisations that can offer breaks for carers.
In recognition of the important role that carers fulfil, the Carers Choice Grant is aimed at helping to ensure carers’ own health and wellbeing is maintained.
To be eligible for a Carers Choice Grant, projects should be aimed at supporting carers who live in Cheshire East or those who live outside the area but care for a Cheshire East resident. Carers are individuals of any age who care for a friend, family member or neighbour who cannot manage without support.
Open to organisations and community groups such as registered charities, faith groups, Parish/Town Councils, schools, sports clubs and community centres, applicants must be able to demonstrate that their project will enable carers to take a break from their caring role, helping them to feel less isolated, better supported and improve their own mental health and wellbeing.
Applications would be particularly welcomed from:
- Befriending support i.e. accessing community groups/assets or hobbies/interests
- Practical help and support i.e. help with shopping/gardening or accessing health and wellbeing appointments and services for self
- Organisations offering sports and leisure opportunities
- Breaks for carers living in rural/isolated communities
- Residential/full day breaks for carers
- Support for working carers
- Support for carers caring for someone because of mental health and substance misuse
- Support through transition from being Young Carers to being Adult Carers
The closing date for applications is 28th May 2021.
For Guidance Notes on the Carers Choice Grant Application form click here.
For the Application Form itself click here.
Find out more information on Cheshire East Carers’ Hub here.