The Cheshire East Carers’ Hub recognises the important role Carers undertake and they work to ensure that Carers can fulfil their caring role whilst maintaining their own health and wellbeing. Carers are individuals of any age who care for a friend, family member or neighbour who cannot manage without support whether they require care because of a mental illness, disability, health condition and age or substance misuse issues.
An opportunity has presented itself that enables the Hub to work with and enhance the ability of other organisations in Cheshire East to provide Carers with breaks from their caring role through the disbursement of Respite Breaks Grants for at least one of the following services:
- Replacement care/sitting in service, including evenings and weekends
- Group activities for the cared for person
- 1-2-1 support for the cared for person to access services or the community (for example visit the hairdressers or a café)
The Hub are looking for a wide range of organisations offering services with a good geographical spread across Cheshire East to support Carers to access respite/short breaks through the provision of services for the person they care for.
They would particularly welcome applications that:
- Cater for a wide range of people with care and support needs
- Offer respite for children and young people
- Offer innovative alternatives to traditional respite offers
- Can offer respite for Carers across a wide geographical area
- Can offer respite at short notice (e.g. to enable Carers to attend medical appointments)
- Can offer flexible respite, given the uncertainty around Covid 19 and coming out of lockdown
How much is available
A maximum grant of up to £10,000 is available through an application process for projects to be delivered in the 2021-2022 financial year.
To be eligible for a Carers Respite Grant, organisations should be targeted at supporting Carers who live in Cheshire East or those who live outside the area but care for a Cheshire East resident.
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit organisation i.e. registered Charity/VCSFE
- Registered Care Providers
- Faith Groups
- Local Community Group with a constitution (grants cannot be awarded to non-constituted groups)
- Parish / Town Councils
- Residents/Tenants Association
- School / PTA / Other Academic Institution
- Social Enterprise or Community Interest Company
- Sports Club / Organisation
- Trust / Charity
- Village Hall / Community Centre
- Youth Groups
Important note – Application deadline: 18/7/2021
Please contact the Cheshire East Carers Hub by email email@example.com for an application form.
If you have any queries regarding the Respite Breaks Grants application process please contact Dawn Brown, Service Manager on 07736 621786 or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org